Friday, October 24, 2014

Nutrition and Culture in Jamaica: An Introduction

Hi all,
I would like to extend a hearty welcome to my blog and I am extremely hopeful that you will be a frequent visitor.

In this small world,  Jamaica has evolved to be truly a melting pot of nationalities,  personalities,  languages,  tastes, flavors, and  recipes. Gone were the days when we stuck to solely indigenous tastes and dishes.  We now have menu choices which are, for example,  Indian with a Jamaican or Yaad style twist. I must say this excites me. As, to the suprise of many,  I love  food a lot.

However, as a holder of a Bachelors of Science in Dietetics/ Nutrition, I now enjoy food with responsibility of my health not only for now but also for my future and that of my child. I eat so I can increase my chances of being there for my grandchildren. Not only there, but in good health. God's willing anyhow, as He knows the future.

My aim is to help my readers get an insight to living life to the "tastiest" without compromising their health or sacrificing flavourful meals.

So join me on this journey as we talk and eat together. Come with me.

Alison

2 comments: